Dental Crowns and Teeth Caps
A dental crown is a tooth-shaped "cap" that is placed over a tooth covering the tooth to restore its shape, size, strength, and to improve its appearance. When the crowns are cemented into place it fully encases the entire visible portion of a tooth that lies at and above the gum line.
Why is a dental crown needed?
A dental crown is used to do any of the following:
- To restore an already broken tooth or a tooth that has been severly worn down
- To protect a weak tooth from breaking or to hold together parts of a cracked tooth
- To cover and support a tooth with a large filling when there isn't a lot of tooth left
- To cover a dental implant
- To cover misshaped or severely discoloured teeth
How long will my Dental Crown Last?
In our clinics, we are confident with our dental crowns that as long as the patient routinely visits a dentist to ensure good dental hygiene, we are prepared to replace any dental crown that fractures within 5 years after its placement. Most labs are not prepared to do that.
How many visits will my Dental Crown take?
Treatment appointments are typically broken up into 2 separate visits. At the first visit, our Dentist will prepare the tooth by removing any broken or decayed enamel. They then take a digital impression of the tooth as well as the rest of your mouth, to ensure that your new crown will fit and bite in proper alignment with the other teeth in your mouth. These models are sent to our dental laboratory downstairs where a custom Australian made crown is produced according to our Dentists specifications. Within about 2 weeks, your permanent crown will be ready. Your visit is short and very comfortable, and as soon as it is completed you will have a brand new, functioning tooth. We won’t ever rush you out of the office, and you can rest assured that Dental Care Australia treatments will give you a reason to smile again.
How much does a Dental Crown Cost?
- At Dental Care Australia, we believe in providing quality Dentistry at an affordable rate. We are proud to offer some of the most cost effective crowns within Sydney, Hills District and Castle Hill. The average cost can range between $1500 and $2500. Currently for a limited time we are offering our in-house dental crowns for $999, with a 5 year limited warranty. *
- *5 years Limited Warranty key conditions: Patient has to retain their receipt and have twice a year routine 6 monthly dental check-up and cleans at our Castle Hill practice during the warranty period. The warranty will cover for a free replacement of the same Dental Crown restoration if it failed due mechanical failures only, such as fractures or de-bonds. The warranty however, does not extend to trauma/accident related failures, dental decays, gum diseases, or a need for root canal therapy otherwise recommended by the treating dentist prior to the commencement of treatment.
Advanced Technology Equipment at Dental Care Australia
What other dental options are available?
There are many restorative options available to help you achieve the smile you would like. At Dental Care Australia our experienced Dentist will discuss with you entire options and help tailor your personal treatment plan that provides the best outcome related to your individualised goals.
Crown Treatment Should Never Be Delayed
Putting off treatment for a dental crown can allow weak tooth enamel to break apart, exposing the nerve or even fracturing the tooth beyond repair. If you suspect that your tooth has broken, or you have had a filling fall out, please call our office at your earliest convenience. The quicker you seek out treatment, the more likely you are to be able to preserve your tooth. Call Dental Care Australia today, and let us help you repair your teeth so that you can get back to enjoying a healthy smile!
To find out more about our dental crown treatment, call us on 1300 361 456
Dental implant restorations are so natural-looking and feeling that you will forget you ever lost a tooth! Dental implants replace missing teeth and are designed to look like and function in a similar way to natural teeth without compromising any of the remaining teeth. Implants replace both the 'root' and the 'crown' of the tooth in positions similar to those teeth that have been lost. The jaw bone bonds with the implant, anchoring it to the bone. Implants have a high success rate and can be used to replace a single tooth, a few teeth or as an alternative to a full set of dentures. An implant retained denture is a fixed type of denture, meaning it is more stable.
If you are a suitable candidate then Implant treatment follows a few stages over a number of months. In more complicated cases, the process can take up to 12 months to integrate a successful treatment plan. Some of the benefits of implant dentistry are listed below:
- Cost effective: Because only one tooth is replaced rather than the three teeth of a bridge, dental implants can cost less than the traditional bridgework.
- Tooth-saving: Dental implants do not sacrifice adjacent teeth since neighbouring teeth are not employed to support an implant. Healthy teeth are left untouched!
- Comfort: Dental implants will allow you to once again speak and eat with comfort and confidence. They are secure and will not click or wobble like removable dentures.
- Reliable: The success rate for dental implants is highly predictable. They are considered an excellent option for tooth replacement.