Your dental health can be greatly improved by following a regime of basic preventative dental care. It is always worthwhile to go over the basics so here are a few simple rules:
- Brush twice per day with a fluoride toothpaste
- Visit a dentist every 6 months for your regular check-up and clean
- Remove trapped food after meals (swill with water or use a floss)
- Don't snack all day on refined carbohydrates (sugars)
- Floss everytime you brush
Colgate offer some great educational video's for basic preventative dental care.
How To Brush Your Teeth:
How To Floss Your Teeth:
Protecting the health and appearance of your smile
The team here at Dental Care Australia recommend our patients visit our practice every six months for their dental check-up. Not only are regular dental check-ups beneficial for keeping your teeth looking good, there are also numerous overall health benefits. Our gentle team can examine the different elements of your smile.
Benefits of regular dental check-ups
- Prevent the build-up of plaque which causes bad breath.
- Potential dental issues can be quickly identified before they progress to a more serious and painful oral concern that could require surgery or permanent treatment options.
- Gum disease could lead to infection of the gum and jawbone, and can easily be prevented.
- Cavities and broken fillings can be addressed. If left untreated, these can result in the need for root canals or the needless removal of your teeth.
- Potential oral cancers can be identified which can be highly curable if treated early.
During your dental check-up
Upon entering our practice our friendly staff will take every measure to make you feel comfortable and at ease, in and out of the dental chair. After you relax into our dental chair one of our dental professionals will discuss your oral health and your oral hygiene routine with you. One of our skilled dentists will then perform a thorough examination of your teeth, gums and soft tissues in your mouth.
During your consultation we can also perform an x-ray to help identify any potentially harmful conditions that may be in the early stages of development, such as decay. By assessing the health of the teeth, gums and soft tissues externally and internally with an x-ray we can ensure that your smile is healthy.
A dental partnership
Our dental professionals endeavour to make a healthy partnership with all of their patients. This partnership can allow our team to ensure that you are comfortable and relaxed throughout your treatment. By facilitating this familiarity we can also help to ensure that our patients feel comfortable when discussing the potential treatments available to them, as well as understanding that we will always suggest the most suitable treatment for your dental health. For more information, or to book an appointment, contact us today.