Customer Services FAQ
- If possible, please call as soon as possible to avoid any delay in getting an appointment.
- Usually we are able to book you in within the next 1-2 weeks.
- If we are unable to book you in on your preferred day or time, you may request to be placed on a cancellation list. If someone cancels their appointment we may be able to bring your appointment forward.
- We accept all health funds connected with Hicaps, and we are preferred providers for BUPA, Medibank Private and CBHS.
- We do not charge a gap for preventive treatment including check-ups, cleans, x-rays and fluoride treatment. However, a gap applies for any other treatment.
- Cash, Visa, MasterCard, Amex, EFTPOS and cheque. Direct deposit may be possible, but please discuss this with our reception staff.
General Dentistry FAQ
General dentistry involves having regular check-ups to ensure the health of your teeth. General Dentistry treatments include anything that helps maintain oral health, including fillings, cleans and scaling, root canal treatments, wisdom teeth, extractions and more. Our professionals will also provide you with brushing and flossing techniques to keep your personal dental health in order.
With the treatments offered by modern cosmetic dentistry, it is now possible to not only maintain your smile for health, but also improve your overall appearance and enhance your self-image and confidence. Simple and effective cosmetic dentistry treatments, such as tooth whitening and veneers, offer a virtually pain free, effective option which can change your life. We provide the following cosmetic dentistry treatments: Dentures, crown and bridge work, ceramic crowns, porcelain veneers, teeth bleaching, composite bonding, replacing old stained resin fillings.
There are a range of treatment options to suit any budget. From the very simple removable plate to the brand new tooth feel of a dental implant. In all options we aim for maximum longevity and cosmetic appeal. Pop in for a quick chat to see what is available to you.
Yes, small, gapped chipped or worn teeth can be fixed by a few cosmetic procedures. One effective one is porcelain of composite veneers which are thin shells, placed over your existing teeth to enhance their appearance. Additionally crowns may also be suitable. If you are interested in either of these options, contact our experienced dentists for a consultation.
- First of all, don’t panic. Often a chipped or broken tooth is not a dental emergency, and can usually be repaired.
- If you have broken an upper front tooth from trauma, call us as soon as possible as there may be additional problems from the trauma.
- Chipped/broken teeth may also be a sign of underlying tooth decay, so please organise an appointment so we can assess your teeth.
- We will do our best to fit you in as soon as possible. The dentist may place a temporary filling initially and get you to return for further treatment - your dentist will discuss this with you.
- There are many potential causes for pain within the mouth and surrounding areas. Avoid self-diagnosis as this can be misleading when we assess your pain.
- Pain may originate from teeth, gums and surrounding regions of the mouth or face, eg. jaw joint.
- Pain may range from mild to severe, however the severity of dental pain may not accurately indicate the severity of the underlying problem.
- If you are experiencing severe throbbing pain, marked tenderness to biting or notice a swelling of the face, this could be potentially serious and you should get in contact with us as soon as possible.
- Milder pain may be a sign of an underlying tooth problem that could get worse if left alone, so please organise an appointment so that we can assess the health of your teeth.
- If your temp falls off please make an appointment for it to be recemented.
- Please book an appointment for a check up and clean so that we can assess the health of the gums.
- The most common cause of bleeding gums is plaque build-up on the teeth, resulting in gum inflammation (gingivitis).
- Bleeding gums is usually a sign that your oral hygiene technique may need some improvement.
- Bleeding gums may also be a result of gum disease (periodontitis) or other less common causes.
Periodontal disease is also known as gum disease and often begins as gingivitis. Periodontal disease in its early stages is characterised by red, swollen or puffy gums which can often bleed upon brushing of flossing. Periodontal disease is cause by bacteria called ‘plaque’ covering your teeth and penetrating the gum line. Factors such as diabetes, stress, pregnancy and some medications can also increase the likelihood of developing gum disease. Contact our dentist if you feel like you may be suffering from gum disease.
- The Australian Dental Association recommends a child’s first check-up at 1 year of age. Often young children are not very cooperative at that age, but they can still be brought along to parents’ appointments to gain familiarity with the environment.
- From around age 3 years most children are cooperative for a full check of the teeth.
- It is important to check your child’s teeth at home. If you notice any abnormalities such as white patches, dark spots or holes in the teeth then please book an appointment for assessment.
The general industry recommendation is every 6 months, and this is particularly true while the teeth and mouth are still developing.
Orthodontics is a highly specialised branch of cosmetic dentistry, concerned with straightening crooked or misaligned teeth. At Dental Care Australia we are proud to provide orthodontic treatment to our patients and are proud of the dramatic results patients are experiencing. Recent technological advances and changes in bracket design have made orthodontic treatment more comfortable and efficient, so that desired outcomes are achieved in much shorter treatment periods. We offer our patients the following Orthodontic treatments: Braces and Invisalign.
As an adult or a child misaligned or crooked teeth can be corrected. For children we find that intercepting problems early on can reduce the need for removal of teeth and create a wide beautiful smile, a wonderful investment in the future. As an adult we can use Invisalign to correct the position of teeth that are out of alignment and routine orthodontics is also available for teenagers and adults
Hardly at all. Invisalign aligners are made of clear material that is virtually invisible on your teeth. Not only is it unnoticeable, Invisalign can also be quickly and easily removed before drinking and eating. You can maintain good oral hygiene by brushing and flossing normally during Invisalign treatment.
Yes. Compared to traditional braces, Invisalign involves no metal brackets or wires that can irritate your gums or the inside of your mouth. The aligner is custom made to provide a perfect fit for your teeth so there are no painful adjustments. This means that they do not move in your mouth or obstruct your eating, drinking or speech.
Absolutely. Invisalign means that the unsightly metal braces that most adults remember from their youth are now a thing of the past. Teenagers can wear Invisalign without the discomfort, restrictions and self-consciousness that come with metal braces. At Dental Care Australia, we will carefully assess each teen patient to determine which treatment option, the adult or teenager Invisalign, better suits his or her individual needs.
Invisalign is a very safe way to correct misaligned teeth. In the beginning of the treatment, your teeth or gums may feel slightly sore as you become accustomed to the aligner. This feeling typically doesn’t last long. To achieve the desired results, you must wear the Invisalign aligner consistently every day and night. While most people will benefit from using Invisalign, some major orthodontic or jaw alignment problems require more extensive treatment. At Dental Care Australia, we will help you determine which treatment option works best for you.
Start by calling Dental Care Australia’s Castle Hill practice on 1300 361 456 or make an appointment with our Dentists. After the initial FREE consultation we will take impressions of your teeth. These impressions will be used to manufacture your unique, personalised Invisalign aligners. Once you begin wearing Invisalign, you are just months away from your new, custom made smile.
Teeth Whitening FAQ
There are many ways to make teeth whiter, from the very simple yet effective home bleaching to more complex procedures involving veneers and crowns. Bleaching is used when the shape and position of the teeth is correct and we just want the colour improved. Sometimes just making an appointment for a clean and polish can remove stains that have built up on teeth and in between the teeth. If you are unsure of what you require just make a short consultation appointment and we can discuss the options that would be relevant for you.
The ultimate treatment choice depends on many things but we have techniques where a single tooth can be lightened in colour to match the adjacent teeth. Placement of a single veneer can improve shape as well as colour and make your tooth blend seamlessly with its neighbours. For a tooth which is dark and out of position a single beautiful all porcelain crown can correct all issues and create a smile that you will be proud of.
Yes, teeth whitening is a safe, effective cosmetic procedure for many people. However it is important to remember that not everyone is a eligible candidate for teeth whitening. If you are interested, contact Dental Care Australia and come in for a teeth whitening assessment.
Your smile is often someone’s first look at your personality. A smile can convey a lot: happiness, success, friendliness, and empathy. It’s important for your first impression to be a warm, beautiful smile. When you have white teeth, people will simply notice your beautiful smile, versus the individual components. However, if you have stained or dull teeth, that is probably all someone will be able to see.
In many cases, patients seek whitening services for a specific event. Perhaps you are heading to a wedding, or an upcoming reunion. A newly whitened smile can help you feel confident and attractive. The best part is with proper care; your whitened smile can last for a long time.
We understand that you have options when it comes to choosing how to whiten your teeth. There are many over the counter options readily available at your local supermarket or chemist, which can be extremely enticing. The problem is with the bleaching agent. Over-the-counter methods do not have the bleaching power of professional methods. There’s a good chance you’ll be disappointed in the results and you will visit our office looking for professional alternatives.
We offer at-home professional whitening kits. You simply wear the custom-made trays for a specified period each day, and after two weeks, you will have a noticeably whiter smile. In addition, you can keep the trays for periodic touch-ups as needed (up to 1 year supply if measured out correctly).
In order to receive whitening treatments, you must have good oral health. Any issues with cavities or gum disease will need to be addressed prior to starting treatment. In addition, patients with multiple restorations such as crowns or fillings may not be good candidates, as restorations do not respond to whitening treatments.
*For patients under 18, a consulting with your health care professional is recommended.
To learn more about the best method for whitening your teeth, contact Dental Care Australia in Castle Hill today.
Teeth whitening at Dental Care Australia in Castle Hill, is one of many cosmetic dentistry offerings available. Unlike traditional dentists, our doctors only offers at-home teeth whitening with the COLGATE teeth whitening system. This is because COLGATE whitening is one of the most effective, affordable teeth whitening options out on the market today, and he has had continued success with both his patients--and himself--with the use of this amazing system.
With the COLGATE teeth whitening system, patients go home with customized whitening trays and whitening gel (and we recommend Colgate Whitening tooth paste). The gel is placed in the trays, and the trays are worn 30minutes per day for up to 10 days. Results are seen after the first night, and the whitening continues to progress (wearing times may vary from patient to patient).
COLGATE teeth whitening system is a long-lasting whitening option for many who are looking for long-term results from their dentist. Unlike other in chair teeth whitening systems, COLGATE eliminates the problem of sensitive teeth, and instead of making teeth look whiter for a short period of time, with continued treatments, patients utilizing COLGATE will find that their teeth will continue to be brighter, whiter, and more brilliant than they ever were before!
Considering teeth whitening? Book an appointment with one of our doctors in Castle Hill to find out if COLGATE teeth whitening can help give you the whiter, brighter smile you've always desired.
As you get older, you may notice that your smile isn't as sparkling white as it was in your younger years. In fact, you may even notice that your smile is beginning to look a little dull or yellow. Stains can often sneak up on us over time. Years of exposure to certain foods, beverages, medications, and habits can slowly turn our smile from dazzling to dingy. Even people who practice excellent oral hygiene and stay regular with dental visits may not completely avoid the effect of the aging process on teeth. Since discoloration is nearly impossible to avoid, teeth whitening has become one of the most sought after cosmetic dental solutions that we offer.
Tooth enamel is porous which means it will absorb stain-causing molecules present in certain drinks and foods. To combat this, many patients turn to over the counter whitening products. If you've ever been in the whitening section of the supermarket and pharmacy, you know there are many options for toothpastes, gels, and other products that promise a polished, sparkling white smile. Many patients in the Castle Hill area come to our office wondering if these methods are worth trying.
The truth is whitening toothpastes and gels can work to a certain extent. These products typically contain some sort of abrasive to remove the stains from the top layer of the enamel. While they can effectively remove surface stains, they cannot tackle the deep stains or whiten teeth beyond their natural shade.
Most patients are disappointed with the results from whitening strips. These options are one size fits all, which means patients are often left with uneven whitening. In addition, contact with the gums can also cause increased sensitivity or irritation.
For those who are truly interested in an at-home whitening solution, we offer professional grade solutions. These custom fitted trays will ensure that you receive even whitening while also protecting the gum tissue. The bleaching gel in professional grade solutions can help you achieve a smile that is multiple shades whiter in just a few short weeks.
Dental Implants and Crowns FAQ
Dental implants are essentially replacement tooth roots which provide a strong foundation for permanent or removable replacement teeth that can be made to match your smile. Dental implants are a permanent solution that will mimic your natural teeth and provide a fully functional replacement for missing teeth. Looking and feeling natural; dental implants can give you something to smile about.
A dental crown is a tooth-shaped "cap" that is placed over a tooth covering the tooth to restore its shape, size, strength, and to improve its appearance. When the crowns are cemented into place it fully encases the entire visible portion of a tooth that lies at and above the gum line.
A dental crown is used to do any of the following:
- To restore an already broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn down
- To protect a weak tooth from breaking or to hold together parts of a cracked tooth
- To hold a dental bridge in place
- To cover and support a tooth with a large filling when there isn't a lot of tooth left
- To cover a dental implant
- To cover misshaped or severely discoloured teeth
- In our clinics, we are confident with our dental crowns that as long as the
patient routinely visits a dentist to ensure good dental hygiene, we are prepared to replace any dental crown that fractures within 5 years after its placement. Most labs are not prepared to do that.
Treatment appointments are typically broken up into 2 separate visits. At the first visit, our dentist will prepare the tooth by removing any broken or decayed enamel. He then takes an impression of the tooth as well as the rest of your mouth, to ensure that your new crown will fit and bite in proper alignment with the other teeth in your mouth. These models are sent to our dental laboratory downstairs where a custom Australian made crown is produced according to our Dentists specifications. Within about 2 weeks, your permanent crown will be ready for you to try. Your visit is short and very comfortable, and as soon as it is completed you will have a brand new, functioning tooth. We won’t ever rush you out of the office, and you can rest assured that Dental Care Australia treatments will give you a reason to smile again.
- At Dental Care Australia we believe in providing quality Dentistry at an affordable rate. We are proud to offer some of the cheapest crowns within Sydney, Hills District and Castle Hill. The average cost can range between $1500 and $2500. Currently for a limited time we are offering our in-house dental crowns for $999, with a 5 year limited warranty. *
- *5 years Limited Warranty key conditions: Patient has to retain their receipt and have twice a year routine 6 monthly dental check-up and cleans at our Castle Hill practice during the warranty period. The warranty will cover for a free replacement of the same Dental Crown restoration if it failed due mechanical failures only, such as fractures or de-bonds. The warranty however, does not extend to trauma/accident related failures, dental decays, gum diseases, or a need for root canal therapy otherwise recommended by the treating dentist prior to the commencement of treatment.
There are many restorative options available to help you achieve the smile you would like. At Dental Care Australia our experienced dentist will discuss with you entire options and help tailor your personal treatment plan that provides the best outcome related to your individualised goals.
Depending on the damage, it is usually possible to adjust or fix dentures quickly and easily. Dental Care Australia can also offer same-day emergency dentures and repairs when necessary.
A Dental Prosthetist is the best choice when it comes to broken teeth repair and dentures. They are specialists in the fit and construction of false teeth, and will work with you through all stages of the process to ensure the best fit and look possible
A new set of dentures is recommended every 5-7 years because of changes that can occur with the shape of your mouth and jaw. It is important to remember to receive regular bi-annual check-ups to detect any potential problems before they become serious.
Fortress Mouthguards are very thin to avoid interference with the function of your mouth (speaking and breathing) whilst playing sport. However the tough thermoplastic layering means that the guard provides exceptionally good protection. This is very different to over the counter mouthguards which protect through thickness.
From the date of your impression you will have a mouthguard in 6 business days!
The Australian Dental Association recommends that anyone who participates in a sport that carries a risk of contact to the face should use a mouthguard. This includes sports such as rugby, AFL, soccer, basketball, netball, hockey and boxing.
Being fitted for a custom mouthguard involves visiting a dentist, who will take an impression of your teeth using a putty-like material. The process is quite quick and should involve very little discomfort.
Fortress Mouthguards are manufactured in Australia using only materials which have been approved by the Theraputic Goods Administration. Their expert dental technicians are able to ensure that your mouthguard fits your mouth well, for maximum comfort and protection. They are also a 100% Australian-owned company and are committed to supporting Australian business.
Children with braces or other fixed orthodontic devices may be able to wear a mouthguard, however this will depend on their specific needs. Mouthguards for children with braces must be designed with care, and we recommend that you visit our practice, our Dentists will be able to advise you.
It is generally recommended that children with removable orthodontic devices do not wear these whilst playing sport.
For more information about Fortress Mouthguards, feel free to contact us on 1300 361 456. If you would like specific pricing information before ordering a mouthguard or regarding your special circumstances, please contact one of our dentists, as they are expertly qualified to assess your individual situation.